School events discovery for students
After making sure the main problems’ target, I start to build this IA to help me clarify the useful and necessary features is gonna serve for my app.
After a series of rough sketches, to figure out user flows and overall layout, I start with wireframe first. My wireframe helps me to make sure the information hierarchy works in a right way.
1. The live-card is design to hlep some students who are too busy to attend in their interested events. Getting the fresh things happening in a different but practical way.
2. Showing the most popular events to help students finding event easier. To saving space of the screen, and avoid over-slidehi down, feel free to swipe cards to know more about popular.
3. The sequence of events are showing by date. To know today’s upcoming events easier.
4. The floating search button will always wait in here to solve most of the searching needs.
5. The filter card will pop up after tabing the searching button. ↑ And students can search events by the keywords, categories and dates. So that the home screen will showing as we want later.
6. To catch students’ attention, the event detail page shows the event big images or posters first, and the “join” button replace of the seaching floating button also attracts us to join it quickly.
7. Feel free to contact with event’s organizer and asking what you’re interests or anticipated for the event in the below comments.
School events are sorted by Sports, Music, Visual art, Social group and Volunteering. To make the visual style and system looks more intuitive and relaxable, I create some illustrations to suit for this product’s basically users – students!
To provide convenience for different students’ searching experiences. That would be a better way when students consider different categories of events in the same timeline, which means we don’t need to repeat searching and browsing this or that to wasting our time!
Firstly, I was trying to create illustrations for each category using bold theme color to organize them.
Since this application is for students. I picked Red-Orange as mainly color to serve for its visual system. This color embleming young people and our vitality in school life. In the meanwhile, I created a series of illustrations works vividly for these five category, the sports, music, visual arts and so on.
Here are some mockups showing off the UIs. I hope you like it!
Thank you for scrolling to here!